Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Five Months Into My Journey

I have been experimenting with styling my locks. I have found that plaiting the hair at night in about ten plaits and tucking the ends will help alleviate some of the shrinkage. I don't put anything on it before plaiting, I just plait, tuck and put my bonnet on before bed. In the mornings I simply finger comb it - I'm loving this wonderful change for me called Sisterlocks! I have posted my usual head shots. The following pics are the results of me plaiting and rolling with Soft Spike Curlers. I used a little Dudley's Styling Foam on my locks before plaiting each section.

Soft Spike Curlers


Setting Results


Right View at Five months


Left View at Five Months


Back View


Top View

Wow, the growth to me is amazing, I am truly loving this journey!

5 comments:

Abena Abena said...

Wow, look at you already experimenting, that is great. It took me an entire year to do hardly anything to my hair, I would pretty much only wash and roll it.

Nu-Me said...

Chosen Vessel thanks for stopping by. I know it seems early but if I don't do something with all of this shrinkage I'd be walking around looking like I have a TWA:-)

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 5 Months! I'm glad that you are enjoying your Sisterlocks. They are coming along nicely.

Nu-Me said...

Sistalocd, thanks so much, I really am enjoying them. I wished I would have known about Sisterlocks years ago, but "better late than never" :-)

Sogolocs said...

Your hair looks wonderful. Congratulation on your 6 month mark. Time truly flies, I will be at my one year mark in 6 weeks.

Welcome to my Journey with Sisterlocks - Nu-Me!